Monday 11 March 2019

'70s Folk Pop Rock; Billy Nicholls - Love Songs 1974 (1998 SouthWest)



After ''Would You Believe'' this was his second solo album in 1974, six years after his debut as a solo artist. Nicholls has always been a busy session man and sideman in the British pop and rock scene.

After his first album is still considered a jewel of British pop psychedelia of the sixties, his second album Love Songs remained largely unnoticed both then and now. Looking at the album from a seventies point of view, I think it was one of the better and very good British folk pop rock albums.

They certainly did Nicholl's wrong to compare the album with his sixties songs. A second ''Would You...'' was not what Nicholls wanted to do with this album in the seventies. Like I said, you get a great pop album here spiced with folk rock quotes.

There are wonderful songs on the album, but you should take the time to hear it two or three times, because then 'Love Songs' unfolds all its power and beauty. Enjoy(Frank)

Danke Peter/Teutone für das Album.

Flac
mp3@320 
Alternative Flac
Alternative mp3



7 comments:

  1. I already have this CD but I did not have the cover art or scans. Thanks for posting this for the cover art !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't extract the files (I'm on Linux, but I've tried using an online extractor and it gives me error). Do you need to use an specific extractor? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Isaac,
      sorry for the late answer but i wasn't online for a long time. I am no expert for linux. I made the archives with WinRar. Maybe it will work on linux,too. Hope you can figure it out.
      Regards
      Frank

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. SB1

      But if you can read you can find it on the blog site.

      Delete

If you want to write a comment a google account is required.