Sunday 24 March 2019

Fantastic Psychedelic Pop/Rock from Malaysia: The Strollers - Waiting Is 1973 (2006 Underground Masters)


The Strollers were a band from Malaysia and were founded in 1965. As far as I know they released their first album in 1969. In 1973 ''Waiting Is...'' was released by CBS and quickly disappeared.

 But that's nothing unusual for unusually good albums. Of course they came about five years late with their Pop/Psychedelic Pop sound in 1973. One of the few contemporary songs on the album is the wonderful pop rocker ''Silly Joke''. The album is full of great pop songs.

Seventies hard rock sound lets the band hear in ''N.W.K.'' and you feel a little reminded of Uriah Heep. ''My Girl'' comes along with soul. ''Bus Ride'' comes along in R'n'R garb. Otherwise you get a wonderful psychpop album here.  Very recommendable.

 Why the songs on the cover are listed in the wrong order is all the more a mystery to me, because on Discogs all different releases are listed wrong. Even a video is wrongly titled. I put the titles in the right order. Oh well, if someone has the album from 1969, I would be happy if someone would share it. In this case please send me an email. Enjoy.(Frank)

Don't trust the tracklist
Flac
mp3@320
alternative Flac
alternative mp3

4 comments:

  1. Tried both download options, FLAC & MP3, both are saying: "DENIED"/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I think your blog is amazing, great music taste.

    I'm looking for this record:
    Forever &Ever - The First Look At..... 1967 - Jubilee records.

    Can you please help me? I'll be grateful

    thanks.
    joel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joel,
      i myself but i will try to get it. If i can check it out i will send you a link or i will post it here on the blog.
      Best regards
      Frank

      Delete
    2. Hello Frank,

      Thanks so much, I'll be very grateful.

      best regards,
      joel

      Delete

If you want to write a comment a google account is required.